Units get up to 3 gear slots (one immediately, one at limit break 10, and one at limit break 25). Gear can be moved between units as needed, unlike equipment which is permanently applied to a unit to raise job levels.
Gear Equipment Requirements[edit | edit source]
Most gear items that are weapons are specific to certain jobs (typically accessories and armor are not). You can look at the class icons on the gear details page to see which jobs can use it. You can also click the magnifying glass in the top right to see more information about the gear and if there are specific unit requirements to equip it.
Gear Types[edit | edit source]
You can also only have one gear item of a each type on at a time, with the exception of accessories which you can use as many as you like, but not more than one of the same item. Below is a list of the three types of gear and their respective icons (displayed in the bottom right of the gear).
|Gear Type||Gear Icon||Limit Per Unit|
Leveling Gear[edit | edit source]
You can upgrade gear levels by using upgrade materials (which can be farmed in the Mineral Garden event or bought at the store). Gear increases in stats with level increases.
Evolving Gear[edit | edit source]
Gear also can be evolved to a higher star rating once it has reached the maximum level for the current star rating. To evolve gear you must have the listed amount of gear shards for the same item. Alternately, you can use colored gear shards as replacements to evolve gear. Evolving gear to a higher star rating allows you to raise the level further and some gear also adds additional stats or abilities at higher star ratings. For example, sapphire earrings initially only grant HP, but at higher star ratings they will also grant some resistance to all types of status effects.
|Gear Rarity||Shards Required to Evolve||Wildcard Shard Replacement||Gear Level Required to Evolve|
Transmuting Gear[edit | edit source]
If you have enough gear shards of the appropriate type you can transmute it to make a new gear item. The amount of shards required will be displayed under the transmute tab. Each gear has an initial rarity, so the cost is determined by that initial rarity. Once transmuted you will need to level and evolve it to higher rarity levels.
Note for newer players: There is a challenge board reward for evolving a piece of gear, so when you get enough shards to transmute a 2nd sapphire earrings you may want to instead use them to evolve the first one.
|Initial Gear Rarity||Shards Required to Transmute|
Acquiring Gear Shards for Evolving/Transmuting[edit | edit source]
There are a few ways to get gear shards to use to evolve gear or transmute new gear items.
- The Gear Projection event quest is available on Saturdays and Sundays (you can run it 3 times) and gives you a ticket to summon a small amount of gear shards
- Dismantling a piece of gear will give you a small amount of shards for the item. If you have a lot of extra copies of the gear it may make sense to dismantle some to upgrade the others
- Buying gear shards from the store- these generally cost gems and are not a good idea to purchase unless you plan to spend a lot of money on the game. However, there are sometimes nice gear shards in the multiplayer store, so if you do a lot of multiplayer quests you can spend the coins on shards there
- Some specialized items available in higher level quests may have shards you can obtain from milestones, mission rewards or farming the quests. Usually these items are only available during limited events, but some are available permanently.
- Bronze, silver and gold gear shards (used to replace specific item gear shards) can currently only be acquired from bundles but may be available from other sources in the future
Special Gear Abilities[edit | edit source]
Some gear grants special abilities. Those abilities may be limited only to certain characters or character types (for example, Battlefield Drama’s ability can only be used by female characters). If the gear ability is available to the character wearing it, it will appear as a master ability for casting. When a special ability is granted by gear, the gear can still be used by any character (subject to normal gear restrictions) but only characters meeting the ability restrictions will be able to use the special ability.
Stacking Gear Stats[edit | edit source]
Note that when you equip multiple gear items, the benefits from the same stat do not stack- the higher version of the stat is used. For example, if you equip piece of gear that adds 3 agility and another that has 5 agility, you will only receive 5 agility, not 8.