Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Glossary of Terms
The following is a Glossary of Terms used in The Alchemist Code or commonly by players of the game.
Glossary[edit | edit source]
- CC: (Crowd Control) Any type of de-buff applied to a unit which restricts their abilities (such as silence, slow or petrify)
- CT: (Charge Time) Charge time is used to determine when the unit will get their turn
- DC: Dark Cavalier (sometimes people also use this for Dragon Cavalier but typically for that they use DrC)
- Dolphin: A player who spends a medium amount of money on the game
- DrC: Dragon Cavalier
- F2P: (Free to Play) A player who does not spend money on the game
- Gacha: Refers to the loot box mechanism used in games like TAC to allow for rewards to be obtained via chance by spending in-game currency, with the option of exchanging real world money for additional in-game currency. See Wikipedia's section on gacha games for more details.
- GLEX: Refers to global exclusive content such as Magni Historia. Technically this content is actually global original as it may later be available elsewhere, but many use this term to describe it.
- HB: (Holy Brawler) Holy Brawler
- HQ: (Hard Quest) A hard version of a story quest that can be used to farm character shards for a specific unit.
- J2: The 2nd job of a character
- J3: The 3rd job of a character
- J+: Job Upgrades for specific characters
- JC: Job Change (used to refer to both J+ and JE)
- JE: Job Enhancement (see Job Upgrades for more details)
- JM/JM'd/JMed: (Job Mastery/Mastered) Getting a unit's job to Level 11 with all equipment on. This is what gives said unit a passive buff on certain stats, (varies depending on the job) That is carried over regardless of equipped job.
- Limited: Used sometimes to describe units not part of the normal gacha pool (such as time limited units like Uzuma or collaboration units). Some people also use it to describe units who are part of the normal unit pool but did not receive hard quests in Japan until recently (Balt, Mielikki, Eve, Lucretia, Fraise).
- LV/Lv/lv: (level) the level of a unit, can be increased by battling or using apples.
- MA: (Martial Artist or Master Ability depending on the context)
- Minnow: A player who spends a small amount of money on the game
- MP: (Multi-Player)
- OC: (Overclock) A chronomancer ability which grants the target 100 CT, allowing them to take an instant turn but keeping their previous CT for the following turn
- SM: (Shrine Maiden)
- SSM: (Sacred Stone Memories) A limited event that has several chapters and returns frequently to the game with new chapters.
- ST: (Single Target) Usually used in the phrase "ST Damage", refers to single target as opposed to multiple target.
- TAC: (The Alchemist Code) The name of the game
- VCR: (Vision Clear Reward) This is a reward (usually gear but sometimes items) that you are given from reaching each 100% alchemic boundary on a memento.
- Veil: Any ability that prevents status effects (such as merchant poison pill or professor vaccine)
- WA: (Weapon Ability) An ability granted to a unit by Gear, can be character specific.
- Waifu: A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) that one is attracted to and considers a significant other
- Whale: A player who spends a large amount of money on the game