Multiplayer quests are quests that can be completed with multiple players instead of with multiple units of your own. There are 4 slots available in a multiplayer quest (it is possible to start with less than 4). Each player can select one character to use in the quest. The quest can’t be started until all players present indicate they are ready.
Multiplayer versions of quests are usually available for the evolve and job token event quests and most hard/EX event quests. Sometimes lower level limited event quests also will have a multiplayer version available. You should do at least one multiplayer quest a day for the daily reward. You must be level 30 to access multiplayer quests.
If a player disconnects during a multiplayer quest, their account is played by the game AI until they reconnect. If all players disconnect, the match will automatic cancel.
Note for player host:
- Player hosts the quest will pay the AP costs for it (at half the cost of the normal event quest) and can pay gems to continue in case of failure.
- Accelerate mode will be 2x faster than normal mode. Player hosts can't turn on/off accelerate mode after create a room or after enter the match.
- If the match fail and the host isn't pay gems or the match is canceled, player hosts will lose 10% quest's AP and all players attend the match can't claim the rewards.
- If player host disconnects during the quest and can't reconnect or the quest is finished. Player host will lose 10% quest's AP and can't claim reward.
- If player host unlock a quest in the Event Archives can host it in multiplay quest and others who haven't unlocked it will able to see your room.
Note for join players:
- All join players pay no costs to join the quest.
- All join players will recieve bonus leader's skill from player host.
- If player host disconnects during multiplayer quest, player 2 will become sub-host until player host reconnect. During this time, player sub-host can pay gems to continue in case of failure but won't lose any AP if the quest is finished.
Note for newer players: You should not join any multiplayer quests labeled hard or EX until you are at least level 60 and have mastered the job of the character you are using. These quests are usually very difficult and require coordination and a strong team (often with a specific character composition). If you really want to complete these quests for the milestone rewards, you can host and offer in your comments section to spend gems to continue in case of failure- sometimes players will be willing to carry you through a difficult quest if you are willing to gem.
If you wish to restrict access to a multiplayer group there are 2 options to do so:
- Restricted by using password. When you do this you are given a code on the multiplayer quest screen that you can give to your friends to enter so they can join your multiplayer quest. This is commonly done when coordinating with other players in Discord chat to form multiplayer groups for the more difficult multiplayer quests. You can also remove the password on the quest once all the people you have invited have joined, which can be useful when you are short a player.
- Restricted by using requirement. There are 2 options to choose, one is unit's level restricted. When you do this you are not allows players who are equipping unit lower than unit's level restricted to join the room and players can't equip unit lower than unit's level restricted before start the match. Another option is cleared only restricted, when you do this you are not allows players who haven't cleared the match you are choosing. This is uncommonly because some units can be function well at low level.
List Of Permanent Multiplay Quests
You get multiplayer coins for doing multiplayer quests, which can be used in the Multi Coin Exchange to buy a few useful items such as apples, equipment and gear shards. The host of a multiplayer quest gets double the normal number of multiplayer coins.